Where are McAfee scan logs located?
By default, the McAfee Agent logs on Windows client systems are saved in <ProgramData>McAfeeAgentLogs . The Windows installation logs on the client system are saved in: %TEMP%McAfeeLogs – When the McAfee Agent is installed or upgraded manually.
How do I check McAfee scan logs?
There are logs but only readable by McAfee technicians.
- Download a tool from the following link: http://download.mcafee.com/products/…hes/MCLOGs.exe.
- Double click on the MCLOG.exe. Uncheck “Open the default E-mail application” check box.
- Click on the “Zip MCLOGS” button. The application will zip your log files.
How do I get my McAfee scan report?
Click Viruses, Trojans, and Cookies. Click Potentially Unwanted Programs. Click Scan Summary. To complete the scan, click Done.
How do I check my McAfee Update log?
View the update history
- On the Update page, click the Security Updates, or Server Updates tab as required.
- Click Updates History. You can view the previously installed version details.
How do I check McAfee ESM Logs?
View system or device logs
- From the McAfee ESM dashboard, click and select Configuration.
- View system logs. On the system navigation tree, select McAfee ESM, then click the Properties icon . …
- View device logs. On the system navigation tree, select the device, then click the Properties icon .
Where are McAfee DLP Logs stored?
The location for DLP Discover server log files is: c:programdataMcAfeeDiscoverServerLogs .
Where is the ePO installer Logs generated?
|File name||Log type||Location|
Where are McAfee agent Logs on Linux?
The Non-Windows installation logs on client system are saved in /var/log/ if McAfee Agent is installed using McAfeeSmartInstall.
How do I test my McAfee agent?
- In the System Tree, select Menu → Systems Section → System Tree, then click the test group that you created.
- To duplicate the existing policy, click the Assigned Policies tab, select McAfee Agent from the Product list, then in the Category list in the General policy row, click My Default.
How do I generate a report in McAfee ePO?
- Log on to the ePO console.
- Configure the policies to create and send the 1203 events: Click Policy Catalog. Select McAfee Agent from the Product drop-down menu. Click the General policy assigned to your systems. …
- Configure a report for ENS 1203 events: Click Menu, Queries & Reports. Click New Query.
How do I scan a McAfee ePO schedule?
Select Menu → Policy → Client Task Catalog. From Client Task Types, select Endpoint Security Threat Prevention → Policy Based On-Demand Scan. Under Actions for the scan type, click the Assign link, specify the computers to assign the task to, then click OK. Click 2 Schedule to schedule the task, then click Save.
How do I schedule a report in McAfee ePO?
- Click the Manager tab from the Home page.
- Select <Admin Domain Name> → Reporting → Report Automation → Automation Settings.
- Click . The Report Scheduler page is displayed.
- Select Yes to enable hourly, daily, weekly or monthly reporting. …
- Select the Report Generation Time. …
- Click Save.
What is Mcshield EXE?
The Mcshield.exe process is the active defense or anti-virus part of the McAfee computer security suite. The Mcshield.exe program is designed to protect the computer from malware and remove existing malware infections.
What is event parser in McAfee?
The Event Parser service takes events uploaded from clients in the environment and parses them into the SQL database. The Server service, or Apache, processes and receives all agent-server communication in the environment.
How do I use McAfee Mer tool?
Run the tool on the computer for which you need the report:
Right-click Mer.exe , and select Run as Administrator. NOTE: If you downloaded a ZIP file, you need to extract the Mer.exe file first. Select the Language.