Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Defender, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Defender. Click Tools, and then click Options. Click Administrator, select or clear the Use this program check box, and then click Save.
Why is there no Windows Defender in my Windows 10?
Click “start” and type “msconfig”. In system configuration, click Services. Scroll down about 4/5 of the way, to find “Windows Defender Antivirus”. Ensure that its box is checked.
Can’t enable Windows Defender antivirus Windows 10?
Cannot or Unable to turn on Windows Defender on Windows 11/10
- Check if you have another security software installed.
- Check the date or time on your PC.
- Run Windows Update.
- Check Internet Zone settings.
- Check Group Policy setting.
- Check Registry setting.
- Check the status of Service.
- Scan PC with portable antivirus software.
How do I get Windows Defender on Windows 10?
To enable Windows Defender
- Click the windows logo. …
- Scroll down and click Windows Security to open the application.
- On the Windows Security screen, check if any antivirus program has been installed and running in your computer. …
- Click on Virus & threat protection as shown.
- Next, select Virus & threat protection icon.
Why can’t I turn on Windows Defender?
If Windows Defender is not working, that’s usually caused by the fact that it detects another antimalware software. Make sure you uninstall the third-party security solution completely, with a dedicated program. Try checking the system file by using some built-in, command-line tools from your OS.
How do I get Windows Defender back?
To turn on Windows Defender:
- Navigate to Control Panel and then double click on “Windows Defender”.
- In the resulting Windows Defender information window the user is informed that Defender is turned off. Click on the link entitled: Turn on and open Windows Defender.
- Close all windows and restart the computer.
How do I turn on Windows Defender firewall?
To turn on Windows Defender Firewall:
- Go to Start and open Control Panel.
- Select System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- Choose Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn on Windows Firewall for domain, private, and public network settings.
Is Windows Defender good enough?
Windows Defender offers some decent cybersecurity protection, but it’s nowhere near as good as most premium antivirus software. If you’re just looking for basic cybersecurity protection, then Microsoft’s Windows Defender is fine.
Does Windows Defender come pre installed?
Microsoft Defender Antivirus is free malware protection software that comes pre-installed on Windows 10.
How do I turn on Windows Defender antivirus?
Turn Microsoft Defender Antivirus real-time protection on or off
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Virus & threat protection > Manage settings. …
- Switch the Real-time protection setting to Off and choose Yes to verify.
Why is my Windows security not working?
If Windows Security is not showing anything, start by running the System File Checker tool. You can also try to scan and fix errors using DISM commands and change the Windows 10 account. Another idea is to perform a system restore if you have any restore points activated for your system.