Unfortunately, Gmail doesn’t use security questions anymore. Doesn’t exist on newer accounts, and if you get prompted on an older account you’ll still be asked for something else along with it. Gmail doesn’t use security questions anymore.
How do I find my security question on Gmail?
Google no longer supports security questions on accounts. They are not deleting existing ones, but you can’t change or add a security question (only delete). So the account recovery options would be phone number and other email id.
Does Google use security questions?
Security questions are no longer used by Google; too easy to hack. If you can, try to change it, or delete it. You must properly secure the account as soon as possible.
Why did Google remove security questions?
As well as that advice from Andrew, Google used to ask for ONE security question (not questions) when you set up the account; Google have deprecated this, as they found it was too simple to hack in most cases. Do you need help with account recovery?
How can I recover my Gmail account without security question?
The only account recovery option Google provides starts at https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery (accounts can not be recovered through this forum or by contacting Google).
How do I know if my Google account is secure?
Review devices where you’re signed in
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, select Security .
- On the Your devices panel, select Manage devices.
- You’ll see devices where you’re currently signed in to your Google Account. For more details, select a device.
Is Google sending security alerts?
Google’s Security Alert feature is a crucial functionality that notifies you every time a new user tries to log in from a new device into your account. It may be you or a wrongdoer! Either way, Google will automatically send you an email to confirm – Is it you, trying to log in from a new device?
Is Google safe from hackers?
Making Use of Google’s Security Settings. Enable two-step verification. Two-step verification makes sure that even if a hacker guesses your password, then your account will still be safe.
How do I find out my security question?
For example, good security questions produce answers that are:
- Safe: Cannot be guessed or researched.
- Stable: Do not change over time.
- Memorable: Can be remembered easily.
- Simple: Are precise, simple, consistent.
- Many: Have many possible answers.
How do I recover my Gmail email?
Add or change a recovery email address
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under “Ways we can verify it’s you,” tap Recovery email. You might need to sign in.
- From here, you can: …
- Follow the steps on the screen.